Friday 5 January 2007

Castle (Mis)Adventure

Over an hour in the car to find a castle that we'd seen on t'Internet, to find out that there's no public admittance.

Private, eh? That's a great idea.

I've decided that one day I too shall have my own castle. With a drawbridge, portcullis and everything. And a pirhana-filled moat…

Although, I bet that nasty man from Everest will still turn up and try to sell us double glazing.

Anyway, so no castle-viewing today, but the tale does still have a happy end: we stopped at a tiny petrol station and got a dangerously overpriced packet of crisps before coming home again. Rock on!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that was a silly thing to do.

The Zinc Stoat said...

What? Buying the hideously expensive crisps?
The truth is that I was so hungry by that time that I could have eaten my own foot, and I figured that coming home with fewer appendages that I'd gone out with would only make the day even less of a success.

Anonymous said...

I have a castle.
It just looks like a bungalow.
What people think is a shed are, in fact, my stables.

In my castle we always eat expensive crisps. Even in the morning.

Then the ambassador puts out the Ferrero Roche, and we have a fancy ball.