Thursday 3 May 2007

Toe Escape

There have been further ferret disasters. Tonight, I was alerted by heart-wrenching squeals of distress. I rushed to the cage, to discover Hiccups with a claw caught in one of his blankets.

The thing is, it is actually fairly easy to untangle him. Well, it would be, if he didn't seem to think that a really good idea when he's got his claw caught is to roll over and over, making it tighter and tighter, and then try to fling himself off a great height, hoping – presumably – that his entire foot will come with him unscathed and the blanket will remain behind.

The scary thing is that I'm sure this can't only happen when I'm around. They must do this to themselves where there's nobody there to help them.

Frankly, it's beginning to look like a miracle that they've both still got all their toes.

I do keep trying to explain the physics to them, but – well – you know ferrets: they just won't listen.



0 comments: