Sunday 27 May 2007

Feline Entry, My Dear Watson!

Whilst channeling hopping this evening – and having just caught the last ten minutes of Muppet Treasure Island – I found an old Sherlock Holmes movie starring Christopher Lee and Patrick Macnee.

Now, I must confess that I do find it a little difficult to believe in Christopher Lee as Sherlock Holmes – he'll always be villainous characters like Dracula, Saruman and Count Dooku for me – but there was one line of his in this particular film that will stay with me.

Watson [Macnee] was asleep (and snoring) whilst Holmes (still awake for some reason) discovered that a wild big cat had been intentionally let into their quarters (presumably to eat them both whilst they slept). Oh so very casually, he tricked it into running through a door, which he was then promptly closed behind it – thus adeptly disarming the furry fiend.

Only a little bit cheesy at this point, I agree. But it gets much, much worse.

Right on cue, Watson then woke up and asked Holmes what he was doing. To which he calmly replied:

"Just letting the cat out."

It's a worry. It really is.



0 comments: