Tuesday 22 May 2007

Peagate

It must be a conspiracy.

In fact, I rather suspect it's a pea-related conspiracy.

Not content with trying to catch me out with random mine-like legumes in surprising places – and clearly unhappy at my subsequent Internet outburst on the subject – they're now trying to poison me: they've started to flavour their pastry.

With what can, frankly, only be some kind of solvent.

Yes, I have been eating the pasties still. But only because they had generally been quite nice up until now, and I know now to be ever-vigilant for peas. It's a habit I think I'm going to break now, however; my lunch today smelled like marker pens.

And, yes, you may well think that I'm imagining it or simply being dramatic, but I even offered the pasty to somebody else to make sure I wasn't just being mad. They completely agreed with me without provocation; I didn't have to threaten them, or resort to violence of any form.

This can all mean only one thing: I am at war with the pea-lovers.



I've just been to investigate noises from the ferret cage. It seems my boys were having a bit of a ruck.

Ordinarily, this wouldn't be interesting or unusual in any way, but today I'm rather amused by the large bit of fluff that had stuck to Hiccups' ear. It was almost as big as the ear itself, and gave me a wonderful insight into what Lieutenant/Commander Uhura would look have looked like had she been a ferret.

Unfortunately, before I could get the camera, another full-on assault from his brother resulted in the fluff being dropped again.

Never mind. I'm sure I've got some Superglue somewhere.