Tuesday 27 February 2007

Trouble Comes In Twenty-Sevens

The alarm didn't go off this morning.

I don't know why.

Then my card was declined at the petrol station.

It turns out that a cheque I wrote out three weeks ago has only just hit me and has now taken me into the red.

Now, Biscuits has bitten my nose. For the umpteenth time.

They say that trouble comes in threes. I hope that they're right, whoever they are.

Actually, now that I think about it, there was a mahoosive spider in the bedroom earlier… Does that mean I've just had the first of another three troubles? Or does it mean I've got to have three lots of three misfortunes today?

And if, instead, I just decide to blindly hope that trouble actually comes in fours – and that I've therefore now had my lot for the day – would I just be setting us all up for an additional, impromptu problem the next time any of us is scheduled to have (what should be) three?

It pays to be prepared for these things, you know.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldnt fit all of my three in, so I had to nominate someone else to take them.

Soory. It was the first name that came to mind.