Monday 26 February 2007

Rough Night + Long Day = Out Of It

I was followed by a gonk today.

I was driving home and a Fiesta came up behind me; and all that I could see of the driver was the top of a head, a pair of eyes, a nose, and some fingers poking over the steering wheel.

I'd never really imagined gonks driving cars, but now I've seen it with my own eyes.

I don't mean to stereotype – I do understand that gonks are widely diverse creatures – but I'd like to think that instead of using the horn, she could just honk her nose.

In fact, I wouldn't mind being able to do that myself. It might come in handy the next time I'm out shopping and the person in front of me just stops for no reason.



Yes, sorry: I've gone a bit crazy today. I didn't get much sleep last night and some of my marbles took the opportunity to go on a little vacation.

I am aware of it, but sadly admitting that I've got a problem does not actually empower me at all. It just doesn't seem to work like that.

I guess we've all just got to wait it out. Sorry.

A loud hair-dryer-sounding motorcycle drove past the house a little earlier, and I found myself commenting aloud that it sounded like a felt-tip pen.

I also apparently think it would be useful if I could honk my nose really loudly.

I'm sure that I speak for everybody when I say that I hope that I get some sleep tonight.


0 comments: