Monday 11 December 2006

New Entry In Highway Code?

Is there some new addition to the Highway Code that I haven't been informed about, or have pedestrian crossings always had a range of up to 50 metres in either direction?

I say that, of course, because surely it can't really be that people are so lazy that they'd rather start an impromptu game of real-life Frogger in town centres than walk the few extra paces it would take to cross the road without testing everybody's brakes.

Unless it's some sort of evolutionary thing: perhaps car drivers are supposed to run down everybody who can't understand simple concepts of road safety until only those that can are left? Maybe this is how society moves forward and improves itself? I'm beginning to hope so.

To be honest, I wouldn't get so annoyed about it if half of them weren't dragging small children along with them and setting a horrible example.
Although… that would fit in nicely with my evolutionary theory. Hmmm…

I think I might go out for a drive.


0 comments: